HeARTs Speak's Marketing Resources Center has everything from photography tips and tutorials to marketing templates and educational blogs. Here are some highlights from the photography collection:
BONUS: Explore HeARTs Speak's blog for hot topics and tips, find a professional photographer or graphic designer to volunteer for your organization, or do a deep dive into recorded presentations and interviews on YouTube.
Maddie's® University is a free online learning university for animal welfare leaders, staff and volunteers. And there is a treasure trove of marketing resources available in this library! Here are some favorites:
BONUS: Access even more tools and tips via the Chew On This blog or join Maddie's® Pet Forum for the very best in peer-to-peer education and networking. Or, join the Weekly Community Conversations call to collaborate, learn, and connect!
These are a few of our favorite things: A few more resources and ideas
- Ethical Storytelling: A cornerstone of going beyond just imagery and looking at your content and messaging through a new lens.
- Pets for Life Sustainability Guide: has an entire section on communications and imagery. A must read for community-based storytelling.
- Next steps: These guides to inclusive design and social media accessibility will help you continue your journey
- Images with HeART: HeARTs Speak's affordable stock photo site has thousands of images to choose from, all taken by members of our Artists Helping Animals program.
- iStockphoto: Royalty free, international micro stock photography with detailed search. (Paid)
- Unsplash: Beautiful, free images and photos that you can download and use for any project. (Free)
- POCstock: Stunning stock photos of diverse and culturally accurate images of people of color. (Paid monthly plans)
- Getty - ShowUs: A groundbreaking library devoted to shattering beauty stereotypes by showing female identifying and non-binary individuals. (Paid)
- Pexels: The best free stock photos, royalty free images and videos shared by creators. (Free/Donation-based)